EVIE P. JEANG
Founder and Managing Partner
A Taiwanese-American litigator practicing for nearly 15 years, Evie P. Jeang, Founder and Managing Partner of Ideal Legal Group, Inc., focuses her practice on helping families and couples in a range of matters, including child custody and support, guardianship, divorce, legal separation, division of property and restraining orders. More specifically, Ms. Jeang is one of the few attorneys who understands firsthand how to handle the complex matters of international family law.
Ms. Jeang has carved a niche in helping families navigate the intricate laws governing international surrogacy, In Vitro Fertilization and the freezing of eggs and embryos. She also specializes in handling divorce cases, specifically international divorce, where she has an in-depth understanding of both the legal and cultural ramifications of this unique type of family law. Additionally, Ms. Jeang has experience handling immigration, employment and labor law, and workers’ compensation cases. Regularly representing domestic and international companies in business disputes, Ms. Jeang provides legal advice to international business owners and executives seeking entrance into the U.S. market on labor, employment, workers’ compensation and contract law. She serves as counsel to numerous small- and mid-sized companies and hospitals in Southern California.
Ms. Jeang’s impact extends outside the courtroom through a series of philanthropic activities primarily catered to helping minority-owned businesses in the Los Angeles area, and the younger generation in her local community. She serves as the 2nd Vice President for the Asian Youth Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to serving both the social and educational needs of Asian immigrants and at-risk low income and adjudicated youth. Ms. Jeang also serves on the Asian Pacific Islander Alumni Board at the University of California, Los Angeles, as well as several other boards for various organizations throughout the community.
She is licensed to practice in California and New York. Ms. Jeang is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.
Prior to founding Ideal Legal Group, Ms. Jeang was an attorney with Armstrong & Sigel, serving industry leaders such as Southwest Airlines, Costco Wholesale, LAUSD, Laidlaw Transit, Adelphia Communications, Goodwill Industries and American Medical Response. She was also a senior associate at State Compensation Insurance Fund, as well as County Counsel for Los Angeles County Child Support Service.
Honors & Awards
• Southern California Super Lawyers – 2015
• Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars – 2013-2014
• “Top Women Lawyers” – Los Angeles Daily Journal – 2013
• “Top Attorney” – Pasadena Magazine – 2012-2014
• Certificate of Excellence – Los Angeles County Child Support Service
• “Thought Leader” – Diversity Journal – 2013
• Recipient, ARAG Helping Hands Award 2013-2014
• Finalist for Asian Business Awards – Los Angeles Business Journal, 2013-2014
• Finalist for Women Making a Difference Award – Los Angeles Business Journal, 2014
Major news publications, such as Forbes, CNBC, International Business Times and the Los Angeles Business Journal have called upon Ms. Jeang for her expert opinion in areas of immigration policy, international investors in the US, international divorce and international surrogacy. She is regularly featured on the Chinese radio station KAZN AM 1300 and news-magazine show LA Living. Ms. Jeang has authored articles published by the Daily Journal, The Recorder, National Law Journal and more.
• Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
• Member, New York Bar Association
• Member, California Bar Association
• Officer, Asian Pacific American Law School Association
• Board Member, Alhambra Educational Foundation
• Board Member, Asian Pacific Community Fund
• 2nd Vice President, Asian Youth Center
• Program Advisory Committee, Platt College
• Asian Pacific Islander Alumni Board, University of California at Los Angeles
• Resource, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
J.D. Southwestern Law School
B.A. University of California, Los Angeles
Ms. Jeang can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org.